Saturday, October 15, 2016

Keep Your Eyes on Jesus!

  And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea... And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear...But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid...  And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water... And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus... But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me... And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
(Matthew 14:25-32 KJV)

When we take our eyes off Jesus, we begin to sink. I guess in life it's really easy to change our focus from Him to something else in our life. Sometimes to things that shouldn't be as apart of us as they are. I know I struggle with this.
You see we can't take our eyes off Jesus. He is the One that upholds us. That gives us strength to continue. Teaches us how to fight our enemy. When we loose sight of Him, our lives turn upside down. I've had this in my own life and seen it in the lives of others.
So my message to you, to me, is.. don't take your eyes off Him. Let Him be more important to us than anything else in this world. We can't make it without Him! I know most of this year I wanted to grow closer to Jesus, because I felt dead in my relationship with Him. A couple months ago, God turned a nasty situation around and used it to draw me close to Him! And together we're building a relationship! I'm thankful for my relationship with my Jesus! I'm thankful for what He's taught me!  And I encourage you to head towards a relationship with Him if you don't already have one! And if you do, keep in it! 
Let's keep eyes on Jesus ya'll and let's not loose sight of Him and doubt! Let's keep them fixed on Jesus!


Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me... I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
(John 15:4-5 KJV)





(I'll be taking a one week internet leave so I'll be late answering any comments:D But I need this time. See ya'll in a week!)

7 comments:

  1. Great post, Beth and sooo true!! Thank you for being honest in your writing and sharing encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Thanks for all that you do here! -Grace A B H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Spiritual posts are always encouraging and wonderful! I'm so glad that you are building your relationship with Christ, we are taking this journey together!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! I'm excited to hear what's on your heart!!