Friday, September 2, 2016

Should've Been Us

It should've been me
It should've been us
Should've been there hanging on a cross
All of this shame
All of these scars
Should've been stains that were never washed
Why do I hide
Why do you try
Over and over and over again
I guess it just leaves saying thank God
It leaves me saying thank God, thank God
For the should've been



About two weeks ago I was listening to this song as part of my praise and worship time... and as this part was sang tears came to my eyes. 
Think people, Jesus died a horrible, shameful, death, that we should have had to die. He took all our pain and sin upon Himself, "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."
 (Isaiah 53: 5-6)
He took all it all. When He shouldn't have had to do that. But He did it because He loves us and He wants us to forgiven and with Him forever! He loved/loves us SO much!
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)
So as the song goes, let's be thankful for the "Should've been"! Let's be thankful for what Jesus did for us! Let's be thankful for that love, forgiveness, and healing that He offers us daily!I know I need His healing and forgiveness.
Let's strive to do this, be thankful!


("Lord create in me a thankful heart")

13 comments:

  1. gREAT POST!!!! And I love that song!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful post! So, so true! The other day while I was riding in the car, I was just thanking the Lord for every single thing I could think of! It's a fun thing to do! :D:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Livy:D Awww that's wonderful!!!

      Delete
    2. Who sings the song you mentioned???

      Delete
    3. Oh, I haven't heard of them before, LOL! :D

      Delete
  3. That song has really powerful lyrics!
    -Grace A. B. H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does!! Have you heard the whole song?

      Delete
    2. No, I've never heard it. I've only read it here. But I still really like the words!!!

      Delete
  4. love that song...we do need to thank God more often for what He did!
    Is.53:5, heresclo.blogspot.com, YouTube channel-Becky Coleman't Badge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thank you for sharing this, Beth! It was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! I'm excited to hear what's on your heart!!