Friday, July 1, 2016

The Key

As many of you know I recently posted about having a trouble with my thoughts. The devil really got me, at every turn, and it got to be so tormenting. But God revealed to me in His word about praising Him. I've really learned SO much on how to fight against the devil and it's 100% the best thing you could do. It REALLY works. So I would like to share with you what I've learned against fighting devil and the tormenting thoughts he gave me.



1: Jesus, He is the #1 key to fighting any torment!!


2: His word... His word has any solution to ANY problem you may face. Just ask God to direct you to what you need to read to help you with the problem your facing! Jesus will direct you! Here are some great verses to read and know in your heart! They help me daily!!


The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

(John 10:10 [KJV])


 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you... Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

(James 4: 7-8 [KJV] )

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ

(2 Corinthians 10:5 [KJV] )



3: When I got serious about fighting the devil God showed me that I needed to praise Him! I wasn't the worship music kind of girl, I'm was/am your rock/rap kind of girl! But I've started listening to worship music some and praising Jesus! It really helps!! I know that hard rock and rap are a form of worshiping, but actually listening to "worship" songs is just SO helpful! It drives the devil away!  Psalm 57: 5, 7-11 says,  Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth...  My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise... Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early...I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: I will sing unto thee among the nations...For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds...Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be above all the earth.



4: Having the word in your heart! I learned from a good friend of mine how important it is to have scripture memorized and in your heart! I also learned from her to quote scripture when the devil comes at you! And it is a helpful tool! And I learned to read your Bible aloud! And I pretty much read my Bible aloud now! I worked on memorizing some scripture and some I just know. Some of my Bible reading is the same passages each day, therefore I know scripture that way! Just make sure you know scripture to spew out at the devil when he comes at you!! He'll flee!!  



5: Prayer! James 5: 13-18 says,  Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms...Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:..And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him... Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed... The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much...Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months...And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

And Psalm 6: 6-10 says, I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears...Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies... Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping...The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer... Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.


6: Sometimes it might help if you give up some of your entertainment:D That's good for everyone every so often! I did and am doing that.

 God will come through!


I would like to recommend purchasing "The Kings Princess: a magazine compilation" by Isabella D. Morganthal! It has some really helpful articles that helped me and I know there will be more when I read further! Go visit her website at http://isabellamorganthal.weebly.com/ to purchase a copy! 




So I hope these will help you as they did me!! 


GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!!



ve con dios





                             ve con Dios


15 comments:

  1. that is very good...i reckon i need to take some of the medicine myself! ve con dios...
    Clo, Is.53:5, #UNASHAMED, heresclo.blogspot.com, YouTube channel-Clo Hale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:D:D:D YES!!!!!! It REALLY helps!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing!! Ve con dios!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading:D:D:D:D:D:D I hope it helped!!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful article, Beth! It sounds like the Lord has really been helping you, and that makes me so happy! :D Praise the Lord that He is such a loving and caring God!! And I also praise Him that He is helping you!
    I was wondering, what is Ve con dios??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS!!!!:D:D:D YES HE HAS!!!!!!!!!!! It means "go with God"!!!

      Delete
    2. Okay! That's a cool saying! Ve con dios!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

      Delete
  4. This was a great article, Beth!! It's encouraging to read about the ways God has helped you! Thank you for being an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, wonderful post! Great points! Memorizing Scripture is definitely a huge way to fight against the devil! In the area of thoughts, Philippians 4:8 is a wonderful verse, and in the area of temptation to skip an opportunity to do good, I like James 4:17!
    I am curious... what do you mean by "worship" music? I know that you like a lot of bands, so does it mean their music, or another type of music (like hymns/sacred or something else)? What are some of your favorite worship songs? I'm a hymns/sacred music girl so I'm not very familiar with other types.
    Grace F
    P.S. I totally second the recommendation for The King's Princess: A Magazine Compilation! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS SO MUCH!!!! Those are good verses! Well it's not the normal bands I listen too, like the the ones I listen too mostly I guess are Matt Redman, Nicole Nordeman, Passion! Lately it's been Passion's "Remember"! But I've failed in the area of listening to worship a lot this week....
      But today I listened to this song by Natilie Grant, I don't know if it's exactly a worship song but I like it!
      Have you heard of these?


      Here's the lyrics of Passion's "Rememeber"


      [Verse 1]
      My heart hangs on every word that You speak
      I need You, Lord come find me, Holy Sprit breathe
      I've been walking through deserts
      I need more of Your Presence
      I'm weak Savior be my strength

      [Chorus]
      Down in the valley, when waters rise
      I'm still believing
      Hope is alive
      All through the struggle and darkest day
      I'll remember the empty grave
      [Verse 2]
      Your touch bringing me closer
      Your hand healing what’s broken
      My prayer, Father meet me here
      My life for all of Your glory
      Your grace let it surround me
      Let faith change the atmosphere

      [Chorus]
      Down in the valley, when waters rise
      I'm still believing
      Hope is alive
      All through the struggle and darkest day
      I'll remember the empty grave

      [Bridge]
      Hallelujah, death is done
      All of hell is overcome
      Jesus, You are alive
      (2x)

      [Chorus]
      Down in the valley, when waters rise
      I'm still believing
      Hope is alive
      All through the struggle and darkest day
      I'll remember the empty grave




      Delete
    2. I mean by I listen to those bands I named in the area of worship! But I listen to Natalie Grant regular too! And I listen to like 1 song by each by the other artist! I've listen to others too of course tho:D

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much for explaining the worship music you listen to, Beth! I haven't heard any of them, but I like the lyrics that you wrote out above from Remember. As I said, I LOVE hymns and sacred music, so I haven't really heard much from other genres. Some of the songs I love are Complete in Thee, His Robes for Mine, All I Have is Christ, Jesus Thank You, You Are the Christ, and In Christ Alone. There is a video on YouTube of our youth group singing "All I Have is Christ" for church that I could send you the link to if you'd like to listen to it. It was before I was in youth group though, but my brothers are in it!
      Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, Beth!!

      Delete
    4. ;-) Cool:D I'd love to see the video!!! You're so welcome!!!

      Delete

Welcome! I'm excited to hear what's on your heart!!